TIC part NLA
Add Reply
Bob Bownes
2018-10-09 19:40:09 UTC
A while back, there was a discussion on a part used in an older TIC (IIRC)
design that had changed pinout between 74xx and 74{LS,ALS,H,F,etc}xx and
the design used the older part. Does anyone remember what the part number
was? I found a largeish stash of 74xx parts last time I was scouring the
surplus places in Sunnyvale/San Jose, but I couldn't for the life of me
remember what it was. I seem to recall it was a flip flop of some sort, but
the exact part number escaped me.

If anyone can remember, please let me know off list.

Thanks!
Charles Steinmetz
2018-10-11 22:32:07 UTC
Post by Bob Bownes
A while back, there was a discussion on a part used in an older TIC (IIRC)
design that had changed pinout between 74xx and 74{LS,ALS,H,F,etc}xx and
the design used the older part. Does anyone remember what the part number
was? I found a largeish stash of 74xx parts last time I was scouring the
surplus places in Sunnyvale/San Jose, but I couldn't for the life of me
remember what it was. I seem to recall it was a flip flop of some sort, but
the exact part number escaped me.
Bob,

You are probably thinking of the 74AC175PC quad Dflops used by Richard
McCorkle in his PICTIC designs. They went EOL about the time the design
was released (~2010, IIRC) and then disappeared much more quickly than
expected as industrial users bought them all up for legacy designs.

For those who have PICTIC or PICTIC II boards and no Dflops, and are
willing to hack the boards, SOIC 74AC175M's appears to still be available.

Best regards,

Charles