Pseudorange and carrier phase data in L1 only RINEX
2018-07-04 06:55:41 UTC
The main reason is to reduce the file size. RINEX files can be rather long... depending upon what the receiver reports and the satellite systems in use, a 24 hour long 1 Hz file can be over 40 MB. BTW, you can .zip the file for uploading.

CSRS-PPP is the only online service that I have found that does L1 only data.

For the Trimble receivers, I generate pseudorange data from their code phase data message (quite a pain to calculate... you have to calculate the range from the ephemeris data). Trimble does not output any carrier phase data. For the other receivers I output whatever they output...

Petr Titěra
2018-07-04 14:09:46 UTC
Post by Mark Sims
The main reason is to reduce the file size. RINEX files can be rather long... depending upon what the receiver reports and the satellite systems in use, a 24 hour long 1 Hz file can be over 40 MB. BTW, you can .zip the file for uploading.
CSRS-PPP is the only online service that I have found that does L1 only data.
For the Trimble receivers, I generate pseudorange data from their code phase data message (quite a pain to calculate... you have to calculate the range from the ephemeris data). Trimble does not output any carrier phase data. For the other receivers I output whatever they output...
Is it really such pain? Or is your latitude, satellite elevation, its
major axis length and Eath radius enough to construct triangle to
compute whole multiples of C/A code repeats?

Petr Titera
2018-07-05 11:25:55 UTC
Post by Petr Titěra
The main reason is to reduce the file size.  RINEX files can be rather
long...  depending upon what the receiver reports and the satellite
systems in use, a 24 hour long 1 Hz file can be over 40 MB.   BTW,
you can .zip the file for uploading.
CSRS-PPP is the only online service that I have found that does L1 only data.
For the Trimble receivers, I generate pseudorange data from their code
phase data message (quite a pain to calculate... you have to calculate
the range from the ephemeris data).   Trimble does not output any
carrier phase data.  For the other receivers I output whatever they
output...
Is it really such pain? Or is your latitude, satellite elevation, its
major axis length and Eath radius enough to construct triangle to
compute whole multiples of C/A code repeats?
It's some pain to set up originally for each satellite. Once done,
maintaining it through the tracking comes at very low cost.

It is just that to be robust, one need to know how to do it all.