Looking for IEEE-488 codes and formats for Datum 9700AT Programmable Time System
Tom Leedy via time-nuts
2018-04-08 03:11:30 UTC
Hi:

I am looking for the IEEE-488 codes and formats for a Datum 9700AT Programmable Time System.  The 9700AT is a 1U time generator and translator with slots in the back that can accept option cards with various functionalities such as -488 and RS-232 interfaces, GPIO, and tape searches.  What I need is the character strings to output the time for the -488 interface.  The manual for the unit is here: http://www1.symmetricom.com/media/files/support/ttm/product-manual/man-9700at-9710.pdf
However, it is silent on the details of the -488 interface.

Any help would be appreciated and feel free to contact me offline.

Many thanks!

Tom Leedy
Clarksburg, MD

2018-04-08 03:27:08 UTC

Actually the manual is moot on any sort of remote control. The RS-232 section refers you to an insert
in the back of the manual. I’d guess that the 488 stuff was done the same way.

Nasty question: Are you sure you have the 488 option installed? It would not be the first piece of gear
produced that never really got a 488 firmware version …..

Bob
Bill
2018-04-09 18:21:56 UTC
I have two of these with 488 interfaces.
Would appreciate any 488 info you get.
***@otelco.net

Forrest Christian (List Account)
2018-04-09 19:55:47 UTC
Just curious, is there by chance a removable eprom or other programmable
device on these boards?

Assuming a fairly verbose scpi like command interface, I've occasionally
had luck reverse engineering a command set by looking through an eprom dump
for a list of commands?

Also, does this by chance respond to the standard scpi commands like *IDN?
and *TST?