HP 5370B using manual start-stop
Perry Sandeen via time-nuts
2018-05-31 03:19:52 UTC
List,
I'd like to do 1000 second TIC measurements with my 5370B but I don't want to have to perchase A HP 1B prologic or similar controller for the timeing.

As long as I'm interested in the TIC difference but not an absolute value is it reasonable to use the manual start/stop switches and a stop watch or similar timer?
Regards,
Perrier

2018-05-31 07:33:51 UTC
Hi Perry,

You should get the upgraded CPU board, since the 6800 of the 5370A/B
will be a limit. It will allow you to get up to those speeds without too
much pain. As added benefit you also get an Ethernet connection to it.

2018-05-31 13:36:47 UTC

We ran 5335’s in “long gate” mode via the gate open / gate close commands. It worked, but you had to
compensate for rollovers. My guess is that you would run into similar stuff on the 5370A. Simple answer
is to try it and see … That’s what we did on the 5335 and then worked through all the issues we found.

Bob