Exact Time Mobile Phone Apps
Add Reply
D. Resor
2018-09-02 11:39:46 UTC
I believe someone mentioned a cell phone "time" app. This is an image of
the one I use for my iPhone. It is Emerald Sequoia.

It queries correct time requests from four different NTP servers then picks
the one with the least amount of response delay I believe.

Of course when I'm out setting the clock on a Carillon system it has to be
"just" right, doesn't it?

I have uploaded a couple screen captures here:

A description of how it works is here:

https://emeraldsequoia.com/et/index.html

Don Resor
N6KAW
Ryan Stoner
2018-09-02 15:53:29 UTC
I haven't seen that app in a long time! I got them to add the option to
include a custom NTP server. Great people!

On my Android phone I use ClockSync <
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.org.amip.ClockSync>. It
has a ton of features especially if your phone is rooted.

--
Ryan Stoner
http://hammondorganservice.com/downloads/images/Emerald-Sequoia.jpg
http://hammondorganservice.com/downloads/images/Emerald-Sequoia2.jpg
gary
2018-09-20 02:14:42 UTC
My network time is off by as much as 0.7 seconds. My phone isn't
rooted, so I can't use the sync feature.

Needless to say, this app has made me cranky!

FWIW, using the GPS has no effect on the accuracy. Fortunately the VPN
has no effect either. The timing must be very low level in the OS.