HP 58503A Flashing Front Panel LEDs
Add Reply
Michael Jasper
2018-05-03 18:29:12 UTC

I recently purchased an HP 58503A from eBay. When I power it on, with or without an antenna, the power LED illuminates on the front panel, followed by each LED one at a time. Then, after a moment, the unit alternates between all front panel LEDs being illuminated and only the power LED at a rate of about once every 3 seconds. I opened the unit and checked the rail voltages. I have 5.22V, +15.01V, -15.00V. The oven is warming. There are some LEDs on the board near the antenna jack and I have two red illuminated and a single green. I can’t get anything on the serial port.

Has anyone seen this before? I have a 30 day ROR but I like this model and would love to fix it if anyone has any advice.

Thanks,
Mike