Sayrosa 607B Frequency Synthesiser
Add Reply
gandalfg8--- via time-nuts
2018-06-10 19:31:13 UTC
Perhaps not a very common item, and probably restricted to the UK, but I have seen these mentioned here before.

The 607B was a very nice 2 to 30MHz synthesiser used as the drive unit in the UK Diplomatic Service Piccolo radio system.

Both Sayrosa and Piccolo are long gone, and information has always been hard to come by, but I've just scanned the 607B Training Manual and 607B Technical Handbook and uploaded PDF versions of both to Mediafire.

This documentation is quite limited but so far is all I've ever seen for the 607B.

Both can be found in a single file at....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6vv5t71cq741sd/Sayrosa%20607B.zip

For what it's worth, my experience with these has been that by far the most common fault is the familiar shorted tantalum syndrome.

Nigel GM8PZR
Clint Jay
2018-06-10 19:34:49 UTC
SayRosa may be long gone but a lot of their IP went over to Wayne Kerr and
some is still produced to this day, the 257 automatic modulation meter is
one I think.
Post by gandalfg8--- via time-nuts
Perhaps not a very common item, and probably restricted to the UK, but I
have seen these mentioned here before.
The 607B was a very nice 2 to 30MHz synthesiser used as the drive unit in
the UK Diplomatic Service Piccolo radio system.
Both Sayrosa and Piccolo are long gone, and information has always been
hard to come by, but I've just scanned the 607B Training Manual and 607B
Technical Handbook and uploaded PDF versions of both to Mediafire.
This documentation is quite limited but so far is all I've ever seen for the 607B.
Both can be found in a single file at....
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6vv5t71cq741sd/Sayrosa%20607B.zip
For what it's worth, my experience with these has been that by far the
most common fault is the familiar shorted tantalum syndrome.
Nigel GM8PZR
Clint. M0UAW IO83

*No trees were harmed in the sending of this mail. However, a large number
of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.*
REEVES Paul
2018-06-11 06:40:36 UTC
Hi Nigel,

It will also be the first info on the 607B that I have ever seen.... I will certainly download it when I get home (work filtering forbids it, with much else....). Should allow me to fish my one out of the attic and actually use it - after letting the magic smoke out of the tants, of course :-)
Many thanks, in advance, for your efforts.

Regards,
Paul, G8GJA