Fwd: HP 53131A Power Off Mod
Add Reply
Wayne Holder
2018-05-08 19:40:20 UTC
Thanks! I plan to publish the Gerber files and make them available to fab
at OSH Park as part of an a article I'll put up on my webpage at
https://sites.google.com/site/wayneholder/ but I want to make sure
everything works as expected before I do. I'm still waiting for parts and
the PCBs to show up and I want to make sure every things works safely, as
AC voltages are involved. So, it make take a week, or two before I'll know
if I need to fix anything, or redo one of the PCBs.

Wayne
Hi Wayne,
Congrats on a nice simple mod !
I have both a 53131 and 181 in need of these :)
Can you share the gerbers for your PCBs and then I can cut them out on my
mill.
I could probably make a few for any interested Australians, to save on
cross pond postage.
thanks
Tim
I recently purchased a surplus HP 53131A and was surprised to see that
it's
designed to stay partially powered on, with the fan running, even when the
power switch is in standby. The manual says this is for timebase
temperature stability but, since I plan to use with my Trimble Thunderbolt
as the reference source, I don't really need this feature. So, I decided
to see if I could change this.
---
Wayne Holder
2018-05-18 23:56:52 UTC
The PCBs and Parts arrived and, after putting everything together and
testing it, it all seems to work fine. And, to document everything, I've
put up a web page at my web site that describes the mod and how to
implement it:

https://sites.google.com/site/wayneholder/hp-53131a-power-off-mod

I had two spare board sets left. One is claimed, but if someone would like
the other set, send me your address and I'll send them your way.