Mark-- LH Milliseconds Display
Michael Baker
2018-06-07 20:11:29 UTC
Hello, Mark--

OOPS!!    My bad!!  --I misunderstood what the "milliseconds"
display was indicating.

It says:    /TSZ  = *"- toggle show digital clock with milliseconds"

I took this literally to mean that the digital clock would display hours,
minutes, seconds and milliseconds but that the "milliseconds" meant
a running, incrementing, millisecond-by-millisecond display of the
time and not the difference in the time of arrival of the RX time message.

*Thanks for the correction info!

Mike Baker
Micanopy, FL
2018-06-07 21:47:57 UTC

Even a “tenth of second” running display is not of much use to the human eye. Most
OS’s will struggle with a “hundredth’s of second” display in terms of getting it through
the display formatting code. Finding a monitor and display card that will do 1KHz refresh
rates / frame rate will be tough for your 1 ms digit.

Now, doing all that with an LED display …. not all that hard. Your eyes still limit out at
the same point so the 0.0x and 0.00x digits are just a smear…. ummm …. errr …. been
there / done that ….

Bob