Trimble Thunderbolt no longer determines the correct date
2017-08-11 22:09:53 UTC
I wonder if they have tested their system with a Thunderbolt-E? The -E is not necessarily a drop-in replacement for the original.

There are a few differences between the original Tbolt messages and the -E messages. Some messages are different or unsupported and I know of a couple that will crash the device if you use the wrong version of a message for that model.
2017-08-12 16:24:57 UTC

My guess would be that the box the TBolts connect to uses a pretty limited set of messages. Like you,
I’d hope that the firmware on the “other end” is happy with the E version.

Bob