TS2100: List of root commands?
Add Reply
Bruce Lane
2018-04-05 00:29:05 UTC
Fellow time-tickers,

I just finished conversion of one of my TS2100's to OCXO, and I'm now
in the process of tweaking the EEPROM settings.

During my research, I came across (and, foolishly, didn't bookmark)
either a web page or a mailing list post which listed the 'root eng'
commands, and exactly how to enter them. I've been successful with 'root
eng ee gain' and 'root eng ee filter,' but I can't seem to get the
syntax down to set the D/A value.

Does this sound at all familiar?

Thanks much.
--
---
Bruce Lane, ARS KC7GR
Azelio Boriani

Gerhard Wittreich
2018-04-05 14:41:46 UTC
Bruce,

The link Azelio Boriani shared is the source I used when doing the same
project. Please, post your results. MIne has been running for several years
now without any issues. I track the OCXO control voltage register in the
2100. It has 65535 steps and over long periods (1 year) that control
voltage hasn't changed. At the very beginning, it did take about 30-60 days
for the control voltage to settle down. The only time I get a change is in
rare situations where the unit is powered down. When it restarts it may
settle into a different control voltage. I have the unit on a UPS and have
backup generator for the house.

Gerhard R Wittreich, P.E.
ew via time-nuts

Gerhard Wittreich
2018-04-05 23:06:38 UTC
Bruce,

The model originally spec'd for the TS-2100 MTI 240-0530-D
*.*
Here is the MRTG trace. Had a power failure in July and it settled from a
previous 36 to a new 3. These are not absolute values but offset by 47640
to amplify the scale or changes of 1 in 65535 would not be visible.
Therefore, the current register reads 47643.
IEEE
2018-04-05 16:44:05 UTC
Sorry to interject - but I would like to upgrade a Symmetricom SyncServer S250 from oxco to rubidium.

Is there an equivalent list of commands or a process to perform that upgrade?

Thanks,
David
W8PDP

Thanks,