Vectron Labs 100MHz OCXO datasheet?
Neil Smith G4DBN
2017-08-09 06:04:16 UTC
Does anyone have any technical info on a Vectron Laboratories 100MHz OCXO, model 724Y3067 (part number A61583-1) please? Can’t find a datasheet on the current Vectron Inc website and my Google-fu is weak today.
Neil
Dave M
2017-08-09 14:57:41 UTC
Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:
> Does anyone have any technical info on a Vectron Laboratories 100MHz
> OCXO, model 724Y3067 (part number A61583-1) please? Can’t find a
> datasheet on the current Vectron Inc website and my Google-fu is weak
> today. Neil

The 724Y is a model in Vectron's CO-724 series. Here's a copy of the
datasheet.

Cheers,
Dave M
Dave M
2017-08-09 14:57:55 UTC
Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:
> Does anyone have any technical info on a Vectron Laboratories 100MHz
> OCXO, model 724Y3067 (part number A61583-1) please? Can’t find a
> datasheet on the current Vectron Inc website and my Google-fu is weak
> today. Neil

The 724Y is a model in Vectron's CO-724 series. I've sent a copy of the
datasheet directly to Neil

Cheers,
Dave M

jimlux
2017-08-09 15:07:28 UTC
On 8/8/17 11:04 PM, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:
> Does anyone have any technical info on a Vectron Laboratories 100MHz OCXO, model 724Y3067 (part number A61583-1) please? Can’t find a datasheet on the current Vectron Inc website and my Google-fu is weak today.
> Neil
> and follow the instructions there.

that doesn't resemble a standard vectron part number

You might look at the CO-724

https://www.vectron.com/products/ocxo/co724725.htm

I don't know if Y indicates the temperature range... probably a custom.

FOr others in that series, the next two digits indicate the frequency
stability - 58 -> 5E-8, 28 -> 2E-8, 17->1E-7

30 -> 3E-10?

If you're looking at the one in the various online ads, the pinout is
pretty different - this is almost certainly a custom.

You could always send an email to Vectron

2017-08-09 17:44:05 UTC

Actually it *is* a standard Vectron part number. Once an OEM placed an order, the specific part was issued
a 4 digit “code”. That plus the base model number made up the part number from there on. On could debate
endlessly if it was to make reordering easier (fewer digits to make mistakes on) or to obscure the actual spec.
One advantage of the 4 digit approach would be if the customer decided they wanted some non-standard
(weird lead lengths…) spec on their part.

Bob

jimlux
2017-08-09 22:46:56 UTC
On 8/9/17 10:44 AM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> Actually it *is* a standard Vectron part number. Once an OEM placed an order, the specific part was issued
> a 4 digit “code”. That plus the base model number made up the part number from there on. On could debate
> endlessly if it was to make reordering easier (fewer digits to make mistakes on) or to obscure the actual spec.
> One advantage of the 4 digit approach would be if the customer decided they wanted some non-standard
> (weird lead lengths…) spec on their part.

I stand corrected - it's a "standard OEM style number" as opposed to a
"standard catalog number"

That's kind of what I figured, when Dave sent the 724Y Class S sheet..

Neil
2017-08-09 16:17:23 UTC
Thanks everyone for the swift and comprehensive response, the specific
device was purchased by a friend who is building a copy of my 100MHz
OCXO PLL using an HMC1031 and he wanted to check the voltage/frequency
and power specs.

I had tried their Twitter and the Contact Us on the Vectron website,
but didn't get anything back so far.

I'll pass on the info to my friend.

Neil